At a distance of 2.5 km from Belur Bus Stand, Yagachi Dam is an earthen gravity dam situated near Belur in Hassan district of Karnataka. Famous for its water sports, the dam is one of the beautiful dams in Karnataka and also one of the popular places to visit in Belur.
The Yagachi Dam is built in 2001 across the River Yagachi, a tributary of River Kaveri. The length of the dam is 1280 m and the height is 26 meters. Situated at an altitude of 965 feet, the dam was constructed with the objective to harness water resource for the purpose of irrigation and to meet the demands for drinking water in Belur, Chikmagalur and Hassan districts.
The natural beauty of the landscape mesmerizes visitors. Tourists flock in large numbers to enjoy the beauty of the dam and the surrounding areas. The place is ideal to spend time away from the hustle and bustle of the city life. The cool breeze of the dam rejuvenates the mind and the body. Just sitting near the reservoir and watching the calm water makes one feel relaxed.
Recently, the Yagachi Water Adventure Sports Centre was set up in the backwaters of this dam in order to attract tourists. Tourists can indulge in various water sports activities like banana boat ride, cruise boat, speed boat, kayaking, jet skiing etc. are available.
Duration : 1Night/ 2Days
Day 01: Mangalore to Belur
- Arrive at the Mangalore Railway station/ Airport
- our pick up service will take you to the hotel at Belur
- on arrival at Belur check in to the hotel.
- Proceed to Yagachi dam for activities
- Enjoy activities like banana boat ride, cruise boat, speed boat, kayaking, jet skiing etc.
- later drop at the hotel
- Overnight stay
Day 02: Halebidu visit and Departure
- Today we check out fro the hotel and go for local sightseeing places in Belur and Halebidu
- Later we drop you at Mangalore Railway station/ Airport