Ladakh’s barren beauty with majestic peaks and the clear azure sky has made it a popular holiday destination for adventure enthusiasts. Buddhism forms the essence of this region reflected in a number of monasteries and red-robed lamas. Leh-Ladakh has also been a famous trading route that connects eastern Tibet with Turkistan, via the famous Karakoram Pass. Explore this cold desert on a 3 Nights and 4 Days trip, soaking in the tranquillity and enjoying our exceptional services.
Duration: 3Nights/ 4Days
DAY 01: Welcome to Leh
- On arrival at Leh, our local representative will welcome you.
- Check-in to a Ladakhi style hotel, take rest and get acclimatized to the arid high altitude of Leh (3505m).
- In the evening, enjoy the sunset point (Shanti stupa & Leh market),
- followed by dinner and overnight stay at your OYO hotel.
DAY 02: Explore Indus Valley and Monasteries
- Have breakfast and proceed for the Indus Valley Monastery, starting with Hemis Gompa, the largest monastic foundation of Drukpa Kagyu Order of Tibetan Buddhism, followed by Thiksey Monastery, an impressive complex, rising tier upon tier on a hill above the village.
- Visit Shey Palace, the ancient capital of Ladakh and also, the School of Rancho featured in the movie 3 Idiots.
- Then, head to the Sindhu Ghat, the bank of the Holy Indus River.
- Drive back to Leh and enjoy the evening, exploring the city on your own.
- Have dinner & stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 03: Excursion to Khardung La Top
- After breakfast, drive towards Khardung La (the highest motorable road in the world) at 5,602mts, around 39 km from Leh.
- From the pass, enjoy amazing views of the Indus valley and Zanskar range towards the south and the Saser massif mountain to the north.
- Then, get back to the hotel for lunch and stroll around the market (on your own) for souvenir shopping.
- Have dinner and stay overnight at your OYO hotel.
DAY 04: Departure from Leh
- Post breakfast and check-out, you will be transferred to the airport for your journey onwards.