Himachal Pradesh is beyond doubt one of the most popular destinations in India. It is well known for its quaint and picturesque hill-towns, and also for the many thrilling Himalayan Treks that it has on offer for the adventure seekers. Places like Manali, Naggar and Dharamshala have many treks originating from them. From easy to challenging, you will find all varieties of treks here. So whether you are just beginning your tryst with trekking or you are a seasoned trekker, you will find something that quenches your thirst for adventure.
Hampta Pass Trek with Chandratal is one such trek that is ideal for beginners and experts alike and offers breathtaking views of the Himalayan vistas, from valleys, mountains to meadows and waterfalls. If you are planning to begin your adventure journey and are looking for that first trek, to begin with, then your search ends here.
DAY 1: DRIVE FROM MANALI TO JOBRA THEN START TREK TO CHIKA
- We will meet at Manali Bus stand and then we will drive from Manali (6000 Ft) to Jobraand after the briefing session, we start our Trek to Chika (10100 Ft) our today’s camp.
- Today’s Trek is a 2-hour easy ascent from 9700 Ft to 10,400 Ft through thick forest and crossing a small bridge.
- While Trekking we can see the Rainy River on one side and a big rocky hill on the other.
- The Trek passes through some of the most spectacular landscape. Overnight camp at Chika.
DAY 2: HIKE TO BALU KA GHERA (5 HRS EASY ASCENT)
- The third day Trek is a gradual ascent. While Trekking, we will be able to see the spectacular Dhauladhar range in the background and Indrasan peak in front.
- The best part of today’s Trek that we have to cross two rivers one at the start just near to Chikka Campsite and other at JwaraNcusa. We will have our packed lunch after crossing the jwarancusa.
DAY 3: BALU KA GERA TO SIAGURU, CROSSING HAMPTA PASS
- This is the most spectacular part of the Trek as we cross the Hampta Pass and then descend to
our campsite in Siaguru.
- From Hampta Pass you can see the Indrasan Peak and its gigantic glacier.
- Today’s Trek will take us approximately 8hrs to reach Siaguru.
- The ascent on this part of the Hampta Pass Trek will be moderate.
DAY 4: SIAGURU TO CHATRU. DRIVE TO CHANDRATAL
- This day we have an easy descent through the Hampta Valley.
- ]The massive mountains of the PirPanjal and Spiti ranges dominate the entire landscape till the campsite at Chatru.
- Chatru is a confluence point of paths from Rohtang Pass, Hamta Pass and Spiti.
- From Chatru if road and weather condition permit we head to the Chandra Tal and camp at suitable place according to the conditions.
DAY 5. DRIVE FROM CHANDRA TAL/CHATRU TO MANALI VIA THE ROHTANG PASS
- In the morning after breakfast, we leave for Manali via the Rohtang Pass. Our wonderful
- Experience of Trekking in Himachal ends.