A 7 Nights and 8 days premium trip gives the chance to visit wonderful sights in North East-Darjeeling, Pelling, Gangtok and Kalimpong. Offering a pleasant weather to the traveller, this trip to North East gives a great excuse to explore nature as well as adventure.
Duration: 7Nights/ 8Days
Day 01: Transfer from NJP Railway Station or Bagdogra Airport to Darjeeling
- On arrival at NJP Railway Station / Bagdogra Airport, you will be met by our driver who will assist you to board your vehicle to Darjeeling.
- On arrival check into the hotel and enjoy the day at leisure. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 02: Darjeeling Excursion
- Early morning visit Tiger Hill to see a beautiful sunrise and Himalayan Range like Kanchenjunga, Mount Everest etc.
- One can see the horizon changing colours just before sunrise and then the entire Himalayan range turn golden.
- It is truly a majestic sight and Ghoom Monastery which is the oldest Monastery in the area which was built in 1875 and one can see the image of Mythey Buddha 15ft. height on the way back from Tiger Hill. Breakfast at the hotel and proceed for city tour visiting Himalayan Mountaineering Institute(closed on Thursday) which was started by Tenzing Norgay after he climbed Mt. Everest, Zoological Park(closed on Thursday), Tibetan Refugee Centre(closed on Sunday), Tenzing Rock, Gombu Rock, Tea Estate(from outside), Japanese Temple and Peace Pagoda. Overnight at hotel.
Day 03: Transfer to Pelling
- Breakfast at the hotel and drive to Pelling. PELLING Located at a distance of 120 km from Gangtok Pelling is another serene, mountain village which lies in the western districts of Sikkim.
- This village is situated at an altitude of 2000 mts(approx) and commands a spectacular view of Mt.Kanchenjunga.
- Afternoon half day city tour visiting Khecheopalri Lake, Darap Village. Overnight at hotel
Day 04: Pelling Excursion
- Breakfast at the hotel and proceed for full day city tour visiting Pemayangtse Monastery, Rabtense Ruins, Helipad, Rambi, Darap, Khecheopalri Lake, & Kanchenjunga Fall.
- After that Overnight at hotel
Day 05: Transfer to Gangtok
- Breakfast at the hotel and drive to Gangtok. GANGTOK: At an altitude of 1750m, Gangtok became the state capital in the mid-19th century and has undergone rapid development since then.
- The downtown area is dominated by huge government buildings decorated with traditional Buddhist symbols.
- Gangtok is also a resting ground for people travelling to North Sikkim. Surrounded by Monasteries and Orchids, Gangtok is truly a travellers delight. Later proceed for sightseeing in Gangtok visiting Tashi View Point, Ganesh Tok, Flower Show, Do Drul Chorten, Institute of Tibetology, Cottage Industry and Bakthang Falls. Overnight at hotel.
Day 06: Gangtok Sightseeing
- Breakfast at the hotel and a full day excursion to Changu Lake which is 35 Kms from Gangtok at an altitude of 12,400 feet.
- The lake derives its water from melting snow off the surrounding mountains.
- Legends say that lamas could forecast the future by studying the colour of the lake’s waters.
- Also, visit Baba Mandir.
- Later Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 07: Drive to Kalimpong
- Breakfast at the hotel and drive to Kalimpong KALIMPONG At an altitude of 1250m, Kalimpong location is ideal for a pleasant, relaxed getaway.
- Its clement weather has made Kalimpong orchids and gladioli well renowned.
- Up to the early 1700s, the Kalimpong area was part of the Sikkim raja’s domain.
- In the early 18th century, the Bhutan king also took it over. In 1865, after the Anglo-Bhutan War, it was annexed to Darjeeling. Scottish Missionaries came here in the late 1800s.
- The town thrived as a wool trading centre with Tibet till 1950s.
- Today it’s a quiet hill resort and a haven for retired people.
- Afternoon sightseeing in Kalimpong city tour visiting Zang Dog Palri Fo Brang Monastery, Mangal Dham and flower nurseries.
- Overnight stay at the hotel
Day 08: Return trip from Kalimpong to Bagdogra
- Breakfast at the hotel and drive to Bagdogra/NJP in time for flight/train to onward destination.