Jogini Falls is situated on the Northern edge of Vashisht Village & mark the village boundary. The waterfall cascades down from a height of around 150 feet through multiple levels. There is a small pool at the base formed by the fall and visitors can take a plunge in the water and spend some time. The flow of the water is heaving in monsoons and suggested not to adventure into the water during this time. Jogini Mata temple is at the base of the waterfall. It is a sacred site to the surrounding villages. The locals bring their children for their first tonsure here.
The trek to Jogini Falls is among the best short treks near Manali. The trek route passes through a narrow lane adjacent to Vashisht temple and goes through apple orchards, tall pine trees and small water streams. On the way, few restaurants and guest houses are also available. A gentle walk will take 1 hour to reach the base of the waterfall. The top point of the waterfall can be reached by a walk of another 15 minutes. The whole trek route is very scenic through beautiful villages aligned with the sprawling valleys. This is one of the best short treks in Manali to enjoy local scenic beauty and village life in the Himalayas.
Min number of people: 2
Duration: Single Day
Day: Manali Day activity
- One of the most memorable day hikes from Manali – the Jogini Waterfalls trek begins from
Hadimba Temple and its stretches onto the quaint edges of the Vashisht Village.
- The waterfall marks the village boundary and is regarded as a sacred place with attached beliefs and the
sweet sound of solitude gushing from the falls.
- You emerge onto a path that leads steadily uphill through dense forest and after a pleasant three hours walk through forests of Oak, Fir and Deodar.
- The trek route is a pleasant uphill walk towards the Vashisht Village, its temple and revitalizing hot water springs leads you to Jogini that greets with its cascading song of sacred waters and a pool formed below to take a dip and feel like heaven.
- To de-stress, take a refreshing dip and enjoy the music of the chirping birds and swaying leaves.
- Experience culture and nature along your way and engage actively in the 4-5 hours of trekking to the Jogini waterfalls.
[Meals: Pack Lunch}
- Reporting place: D Country Villa