Mcleodganj is a hill station near Dharamshala, popular among trekkers. Its culture is a beautiful blend of Tibetan with some British influence.
Also known as Little Lhasa and famous around the world for being home to the Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama, Mcleodganj is a beautiful town situated near upper Dharamsala. Nestled amidst majestic hills and lush greenery, this town is culturally blessed by a prominent Tibetan influence owing to the major settlement of Tibetans here. Mcleodganj has one of the most mesmerising landscapes in the entire state of Himachal Pradesh and attracts a lot of tourists throughout the year. The towns of Dharamsala, Mcleodganj, Bhagsu Nag and Kangra are situated very close to each other and tourists must cover all these destinations while travelling here. Few of the most eminent and religiously significant monasteries in India are located here, including the Namgyal Monastery and Tsuglagkhang, where the spiritual leader Dalai Lama resides. Tourists must also visit the scenic Dal Lake and Triund, which are apt for quiet picnics.
Duration: 3Nights/ 4Days
DAY 1: MacleodGanj
- On Day 1 arrive in McLeodGanj on your own early in the morning and check in to the hotel.
- You may rest awhile as you have your breakfast in the comforts of your hotel.
- Later in the day, you could go for local sightseeing visiting the Norbulingka Institute, Dalai Lama Temple, Naddi
village and St John’s church.
- Return to the hotel later in the evening for dinner and overnight stay.
DAY 2: Activity Day at Bir
- Today after having sumptuous breakfast at the hotel, embark on a yet another exciting
adventure activity to Bir, tandem paragliding.
- Experience the thrill of soaring high up in the air and take in a bird’s eye view of the Dhauladhar mountains.
- It is quite a safe aero sport to try your hands at especially as you will be co-flying with an experienced pilot who will steer the gliding. All you have to do is to sit back and enjoy the view.
- Return to McLeodGanj by 4 PM and spend the evening exploring the local Tibetan market, where you could shop for trinkets.
- Have your dinner and return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
DAY 3: Triund Trek
- We will start this day early as this is the day when we go for a day hike to Triund, which is
approximately 7 km from McleodGanj.
- It roughly takes up to 4 hours to reach Triund Top. You gradually hike uphill passing by the local villages and Golu temple.
- As you move further up the hill, you encounter a rocky steep climb with occasional bouldering.
- The highlight of the entire route is the 3 stops at local tea houses wherein you can relax and enjoy hot Maggi and tea to gather some energy.
- Once atop the hill, you are sure to get mesmerized and stunned by the amazing vista of the Dhauladhar ranges.
- Spend quality time on the meadow enraptured by the view of the mountains.
- Stay overnight in dome tents at Triund.
Day 4: Departure
- Start trekking downhill early morning. This is the day when this trip full of fun and adventure
comes to an end. Depart for your onward journey.